1. In the flag, the red disk represents the rising sun and the sacrifice to achieve independence; the green field symbolizes the lush vegetation of Bangladesh
2. There are two main rivers in Bangladesh, the Ganges and Brahmaputra Rivers are holy to Hindus. There are often floods because of these two rivers.
3. The most people singing a national anthem simultaneously is 254,537 and was achieved by the Ministry of Cultural Affairs, Government of the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh (Bangladesh) at the National Parade Ground in Dhaka, Bangladesh, on 26 March 2014.
The Philipines attempted tp break this record but only a total of 94,584 people turned up out of the 300,000 target crowd to sing their national Anthem. SO Bangladesh still holds the world record.
4. On 11 December 2004, over 5 million people joined hands to form a human chain, 1,050 km (652.4 miles) long from Teknaf to Tentulia, Bangladesh. The partipants were supporters of 14 opposition parties led by the Bangladesh Awami League to express their ‘No Confidence’ campaign to the BNP-led alliance government and to demand fresh polls.
5. The country with the lowest Body Mass Index (BMI) is Bangladesh, with a national average of 20.5 for women and 20.4 for men. More than 9 million children – more than half of all Bangladeshi children – are underweight and suffer from stunted growth.
6. The Richest celebrity in Bangladesh is Shakib Khan. He is an Actor and Film producer. with an estimated net worth of US $ 37 million. Shakib Khan made his film career debut in 1999 in Anontho Bhalobasha. He owns a restaurant chain in Dhaka, Bangladesh named Red Chicken.
7. Parimal Chandra Barman was born in 1962 in Bangladesh, then East Pakistan. He was considered the tallest person in the world in 1991 at 8 ft 3 in. He died in 1991 due to a tumor on his pituitary gland which was the cause of his incredible growth. What’s incredible is that he also suffered malnutrition in his life.
8. Kabaddi is the national sport of Bangladesh. However, cricket and football are considered as the most popular sports in Bangladesh. (if you arent familiar with Kabaddi, it’s like an intense mix on tag and cat and mouse.
9. About 45% people in Bangladesh are farmer, and agriculture provides 18% of the gross domestic product of Bangladesh
10. Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh, with a growing population of about 19 million according to the latest numbers in 2016. It is the most densley populated city in the world. NOT to be cnfused with the most populated city in the world. it has a population density of 8,229/km2. To calculate the population density, you will divide the population by the size of the area. Thus, Population Density = Number of People/Land Area. Population is obviously the amount of people that live somewhere.