Legs are awesome! Here are 10 unbelievable facts about legs:
1. Research tells us most find them pretty sexy. Strong, thin, thick, long. Men love them. Wrap them around, tease with them, throw them around and show off how flexible you can be.. It’s hot.
2. Looking to lean out your legs? Want to shed the fat and build strength? Running will form leg muscles faster and better than any other form of exercise since running uses ALL of the leg muscles. Whether it be a tread mill, a track of the good old side walk, you want nice legs; run!
3. Svetlana Pankratova from Russia, is thought to be the woman with the longest legs in the world at 132cm!! That’s almost as tall as some of my friends!
4. Tina Turner’s beautifully strong and fierce legs are insured for $3.2 million!! Now that is dedicated aesthetics. I wonder how many hours she puts in at the gym on those things… I mean, she is over 70 and dances better than half of us out there!
5. A fun facts about animals and legs is that an elephant is the only land creature that cannot hop! Its body weight is just too much for any joint to endure that force.
6.The average person walks 6,000-10,000 steps a day. 10,000 is the ideal if you want to stay averagely active. Maybe leave the car at home some days and walk to work. Or take your lunch break to take a walk out of the office. Find little tricks to get those extra steps in.
7. Aside from running, if you want to bulk up your legs, the best work outs for women and men must involve squats, weighted lunges and calf rises. The finest workouts will comprise some gym machines to do leg expansion, leg push, leg tresses and leg abductor. As well as ground work with leg raises. Leg work is important 2-3 days a week. You know those guys who always skip leg day? Well that could be you!!
8. How much do you know about calves? Most people think calves are just two bulges on the back of your lower leg. This is partially true, but the calves are actually part of a group of 7 muscles in the posterior part of your lower leg. They are separated into two groups, superficial and deep. Most of them actually act to help point the toes.
9. Ever heard of RLS? Restless Leg Syndrome is a real medical condition. Studies show that 7% of the population suffers from symptoms such as creepy-crawly feelings, tingling, itching or cramping in their legs that interrupt sleep or times when are resting or sitting.
10. Legs take up a significant portion of a person’s mass! Female legs have greater hip anteversion and tibiofemoral angles, but shorter femur and tibial lengths than those in males.
Thank you evolution.
Now go and embrace your legs. Show off those sexy things!