How to cure pimples is a question pretty much EVERYONE has asked at one point in life. Here are 10 ways to cure your pimples fast.
Pimples are an inflammation of the skin in which the sebaceous glands (oil glands) become infected with bacteria, swell up, and fill with pus.
There are A TON of ways to supposedly cure pimples! You can try so many different methods, every beauty brand thinks they have the solution, but there is no sure fire way to cure pimples on your face and/or body.
Everyone’s body is built differently in terms of hormonal levels, oil production, your DNA. A lot comes into play when it comes to the skin, no two people are alike.
So when companies come out with products to help “cure” acne or solve the every so terrible “pimple” problem, no solution is a sure fire way to get rid of the buggers.
Beauty companies make SO much money in selling their pimple solution products because people will continue to try and buy it all.
1. Lets start with the natural! One suggestion for bringing down swelling, redness and inflammation of a pimple is through ice. Take cubes or crushed ice and wrapping them in a cloth. Hold it to the affected area for a few seconds and repeat a couple times every couple minutes.
2. LEMON! The wonder citrus! Packed with Vitamin C, and high in acidity, Lemon juice helps pimples dry up faster. Dip a cotton sway in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the affected area before going to bed. It may sting a bit and cause a bit of a redness, but over night it should dry up the pimple.
3. Tea Tree Oil! This potent oil has always been known to help with pimples. It comes in a variety of forms. From the pure oil you can buy to face washes and creams with tea tree oil in them that are sold at many stores.
4. Ever heard of the toothpaste remedy? May not be for everyone, with its intense power, but it works for some! It is suggested you use the tooth paste trick, after you’ve done the ice remedy I mentioned before. The trick to this remedy is to use the white toothpaste, not the gel. Apply the white toothpaste over the pimple before going to bed. In the morning, wash your face with water and you will see significant improvement in swelling.
5. Ever stuck your face in a bowl of boiling water? Okay, that sounds pretty dramatic. BUT steaming can be the trick to open up your pores and get a deep clean in there for you. Steaming is great for your skin, and sweating is a perfect way to release toxins from the body. It also allows your skin to breathe! When you steam, it will allow for your skin to open up and get rid of oils, dirt and bacteria trapped in the pores that can cause infection or inflammation. What you do, is fill a large bowl up with hot water and allow the steam to come in contact with your face for a few minutes. This is also really great when you are sick, to clean out your sinuses!
6. Garlic. Who knew that the vampire remedy could cure pimples!! Well this plant can apparently do wonders for your skin. It is an antiviral, anti-fungal, antiseptic and antioxidant agent that can help in the fast treatment of pimples. The sulphur in garlic also promotes quick healing of pimples. Cut the garlic clove into two pieces, rub the garlic on the pimples and leave it for 5 minutes before washing the skin with warm water. Repeat the treatment several times a day and see what results follow!
7. Now we can dip into looking at the non-natural pimple busters!! Starting with your basic drug store remedy, benzoyl peroxide. This is a drug found in most acne products you can buy at the store. Its made specifically as an anti-bacterial, chemical remedy. And, it actually works. Though it’ll dry out your skin as it dries out the pimples to kill them!
8. Take your makeup off ladies! Or guys if you dabble in make up wearing on occasion. Sleeping with makeup on is not a good idea if you want to prevent acne. Makeup covers up your skin and if you wear it for long periods of time and be rubbing your face all over your pillow, your skin won’t be able to breathe and grease and dirt will become trapped!
9. Eat clean! You are what you eat. If you’re drinking a lot of alcohol, eating a lot of sugar and salt… Your skin will not be as fresh feeling or clean looking then if you were eating enough vegetables, fruit and fiber. You want to keep the toxins flowing out of your body on a regular basis. If you eat crap, crap will come out on your skin!! Drinking lots of water also helps to flush your system and keep your skin hydrated. Try to be getting 2 liters a day or 8 cups. You’ll feel the difference!
10. And finally, keep yourself clean. It may be an obvious fact, but it’s true. Of course pimples can happen to everyone in different severities, but bathing on a regular basis will keep you feeling fresh and your skin looking better than if you didn’t.
Pimples suck. That’s no lie. Whether you suffer from serious acne or get a few red dots once in a while, keep these facts in mind and hopefully they help with the symptoms!!