1. In 2000, Trump made a short bid for President as part of the Reform Party. He gained the support of Jesse Ventura, who wanted to be the vice president. Trump dropped out of the race, but even so, he managed to win the California and Michigan primaries.
2. More people have been diagnosed with mental disorders in the United States than in any other nation on earth.
3. There are three towns in the United States that have the name ͞Santa Claus͞.
4. Alaska has a longer coastline than all of the other 49 U.S. states put together.
5. The current US flag was designed by a 17 year old boy for a school project. He got a B- for it.
6. The shortest inaugural speech in US history was 135 words in 1793 by George Washington because his dentures hurt.
7. William Henry Harrison gave a lenghty presidential speech in 1841 in the snow without a hat or jacket. He died of pneumonia within the month.
8. All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the US $5 dollar bill.
9. In the US, smoking is attributed for one death every 5 minutes!
10. The United States does not have a national official language; nevertheless, English (specifically American English) is the primary language used for legislation, regulations, executive orders, treaties, federal court rulings, and all other official pronouncements;
11. In 31 states rapists can legally sue for child custody rights if the rape resulted in pregnancy.
12. Just to give you an idea of how much of an abundance of things are at America’s disposal, one American consumes as many resources as 32 Kenyans.
13. Andrew Johnson. The first legal slave owner in America was black and he owned white slaves. Andrew Johnson (1600 –1670).
14. The U.S. purchased Alaska from Russia for just US$7.2 million in 1867.
15. It’s completely legal for minors to smoke cigarettes in the U.S. and parts of Europe. What they can’t do is purchase them.
16. Four planet Earths would be required to sustain the levels of consumption of the U.S.
17. Not example of a USA fact, but a fact about America…. That’s not as dumb as it sounds, remember all of North and South America is also called America too…. Anyways here’s the fact. Africanized bee, known as killer bees are actually hybrids that accidentally escaped lab quarantine and since then have spread throughout the Americas.
18. The state with the most millionaires per capita is Maryland.
19. 86 percent of men in America include ͞having children͟ in their definition of success. For women, that number is only 73 percent.
20. The poverty rate for households that are led by a married couple is 6.8 percent. For households that are led by a female single parent, the poverty rate is 37.1 percent.
BONUS FACT!!!!! 21. Monowi, Nebraska, has only one resident, and she’s the mayor, librarian, and bartender.
BONUS FACT 2!!!!! 22. One town in Colorado celebrates a frozen dead guy for a few days every year. Frozen Dead Guy Days is an annual celebration held in the town of Nederland, Colorado, to loosely celebrate the 1994 discovery of the cryonic state corpse of Bredo Morstoe.