1. Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto. Russia is slightly larger at 17,075,200 square kilometers, while Pluto is 16,647,940 square kilometers.
2. Pluto never made a full orbit around the sun from the time it was discovered to the time it was discontinued as being a planet. Discovered February 18, 1930, and in 2006, however, changes were made. The truth is, nothing about Pluto changed, the definition of planet changed.
3. There are no naturally occurring blue foods, even blueberries are purple!
4. The aspen trees in Fishlake National Forest, Utah, all share the same root system, making them the heaviest organism known to man.
5. The heart of a blue whale is so big, a human can swim through the arteries.
6. On May 14, 1939, Lina Medina, of Peru, gave birth by cesarean section. The infant was a 2.64 kg (5.8 lb. Crazy thing is she was just 5 years old.
7. The name Jessica was created by Shakespeare in the play Merchant of Venice. Shakespeare probably based it on the biblical name ISCAH, which would have been spelled Jescha in his time. It was not commonly used as a given name until the middle of the 20th century.
8. Humpty Dumpty is typically portrayed as an anthropomorphic egg. But not once in the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme does it mention that he’s an egg. Humpty Dumpty was actually the nickname of a cannon used during the English Civil War of 1642–1649 which was mounted on a wall. The rest is History… Literally. Books on this exist.
9. The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.
10. A strawberry isn’t a berry but a banana is.
11. For you old school gamers out there, Duck Hunt is a two-player game. Player two controls the ducks. But this option is only available in the Single duck mode.
12. If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds just like Pac-Man.
13. Mario hits blocks with his hand, not his head… Because you see it was possible to hit blocks with Mario’s head if you did a double jump in Super MArio 64, because Mario would jump with both hands by his side.
14. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth.
15. The Internet weighs as much as a single strawberry. The vast amount of digital information in motion is made of electrons, just like everything else. It’s estimated that global Internet traffic weighs around 50 grams.
16. Honey never spoils. So if you came across collection of honey from when the beginning of the Earth, it would still be perfectly edible.
17. Lobsters don’t die or age.
18. Titan Beetles Are Bigger Than Some Small Dogs Yep, the insect can reach up to seven inches in length, bigger than the average Teacup Chihuahua.
19. Animals were put on trial in medieval times and routinely sentenced to death.
20. You can’t hum while holding your nose.
21. Alaska is the northernmost, westernmost, and easternmost U.S. state. Alaska’s Aleutian Islands cross from the Western Hemisphere into the Eastern Hemisphere.
22. Your blood vessels are long enough to circumnavigate Earth over 12 times. Inside the average human body are 100,000 miles of blood vessels, enough to travel around the 7,900 mile diameter of the Earth.
23. The stickers “Made in China” are made in Korea.
24. Made in China” is actually “Made by Someone Else” – by multinational companies from Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United States that are using China as the final assembly station in their vast global production networks.
25. Alphabets B, M and P are three letters that are impossible to say without touching both your lips.
26. The current CEO of the charity Food For The Poor is named Robin Mahfood.
27. If you take all the molecules in a teaspoon of water and lined them up end to end in a single file line, they would stretch 30 billion miles.
28. On Sunday 17 December 1967, Harold Holt, 17th Prime Minister of Australia dissapeared and was never found.
29. If a piece of paper were folded 42 times, it would reach to the moon. 1 paper would be 2 sheets thick, 2 folds is 4 sheets thick. By the 20th fold, that paper would have passed Mount Everest.
30. Ancient Romans used urine as toothpaste, mouthwash, and laundry detergent. Urine contains ammonia which is a natural teeth whitener and can actually be used to prevent you from getting cavities.