Coffee. The most popular hot drink in the world. According to the National Coffee Association, the average Joe consumes about 3 cups of joe (ha, see what we did there?) …per day!
How much coffee do you drink? Let us know in the comments below.
So here are 5 things that happen to your body when you drink coffee:
5. You may begin to live life in HD – that’s because the caffeine in coffee will have your adrenal glands pumping out adrenaline. Within 20 minutes, your pupils will dilate and therefore, you could temporarily enjoy sharper vision!
4. Heartburn – oh yeah, it’s real people. When you drink coffee, you raise the level of acidity in your stomach which isn’t always a bad thing but problems can arise when you drink too much coffee on an empty stomach. The overly acidic gastric juices can irritate the lining of the gut and cause heartburn.
3. Too much coffee could cause you to store more fat – caffeine can increase levels of Cortisol, a stress hormone, in already stressed individuals and chronically high levels can trigger excess fat storage which can lead to obesity.
2. Coffee can reduce anxiety – although coffee is usually associated with giving people the jitters – coffee actually stimulates the release of dopamine. Dopamine is the feel-good chemical in you that makes you feel good.
1. Coffee stimulates you…and fast. Just within 20 minutes of drinking it – you feel more alert are able to concentrate better on tasks.
Is it any wonder why coffee is free in most offices?